AT2k Design BBS Message Area
Casually read the BBS message area using an easy to use interface. Messages are categorized exactly like they are on the BBS. You may post new messages or reply to existing messages!

You are not logged in. Login here for full access privileges.

Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Computer Support/Help/Discussion...  <--  <--- Return to Home Page
   Networked Database  Computer Support/Help/Discussion...   [783 / 1584] RSS
 From   To   Subject   Date/Time 
Message   Mark Hofmann    August Abolins   Re: multi-partition hdd to larger ssd   January 9, 2023
 7:15 AM *  

AA> I think EaseUS will be my cloning tool of choice. It even
AA> allows me to re-allocate the partition sizes BEFORE I do the
AA> clone, if I want.

That program is really good and I have used it many times.  

I ran into an issue I never experienced in the past.  I was growing a large NTFS
partition on one of my arrays.  It was going from 62TB to 98TB.  I had to change
the cluster size on the NTFS partition to 32KB in order to do that.

EaseUS will automatically do that, or you can also select it as an option to
just change the default cluster size.  The one thing to keep in mind however, is
this takes A LONG TIME to complete.  With a partition that large, probably
weeks.  

It ended up being faster for me to re-create the partition from scratch and
re-copy everything.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.52 
 * Origin:  http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (618:100/12.0)
  Show ANSI Codes | Hide BBCodes | Show Color Codes | Hide Encoding | Hide HTML Tags | Show Routing
Previous Message | Next Message | Back to Computer Support/Help/Discussion...  <--  <--- Return to Home Page

VADV-PHP
Execution Time: 0.0145 seconds

If you experience any problems with this website or need help, contact the webmaster.
VADV-PHP Copyright © 2002-2024 Steve Winn, Aspect Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
Virtual Advanced Copyright © 1995-1997 Roland De Graaf.
v2.1.220106